“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate”
- Oprah Winfrey
Do you ever take the time out to celebrate your achievements?
I know, it’s not always easy to take your foot off the accelerator – you often just keep on going, especially when you’ve got lots to do.
And I’ll admit, I’m guilty of feeling like this too. Plus, I’m not always comfortable “showing off” - especially in these troubled times.
Recently though, I realised that I need to start making the time.
So, when I reached 10,000 followers on LinkedIn, I did just that.
I reflected on this achievement, acknowledging how lucky I felt to have built up such an amazing community on LinkedIn since I joined it way back when.
(2004 if you’re asking)
It can be so beneficial to just sit back and reflect on what you’ve achieved...
Why is it Important to Acknowledge
• Celebrating your wins, no matter how big or small, can help to develop and reinforce a success mindset. This allows your self-belief and confidence to grow, which helps you to go on and achieve even more.
Is this not the very definition of a virtuous circle?
• When you reflect on your successes, and what you’ve enjoyed, it can help you to set future goals and actions. So, think about what gives you a buzz, and what you’re good at, and do more of that.
• It helps you to remember why you’re doing what you’re doing. This then keeps you motivated which, in turn, can make you work more effectively and efficiently.
• It just makes you feel good! And there’s a scientific reason for this. When we set a goal and achieve it, dopamine gets released in our brain, which boosts our happiness levels.
You’ve Got to Love the Supportive Community on LinkedIn…
So, I say ‘celebrate’…well, don’t get me wrong, I didn’t throw a party or anything.
But then, I don’t think that’s what celebration necessarily means.
For me, I simply took the time to quietly reflect on how LinkedIn has been a great platform for me for many years, and how grateful I am for it.
It’s been a great place to ‘hang out’ professionally, collaborate with others and network with people worldwide. It’s been particularly beneficial over the last couple of years when it’s not been easy for any of us to get out and do face-to-face stuff.
And these reflections have reminded me how much I truly love what I’m doing.
I’m here supporting others, so they can develop their selling skills. And the services I provide are a direct result of people telling me what they need - primarily the confidence that they're doing the right thing, going about it in the right way - sales-confident as I call it.
It’s my aim to keep on going, always developing the support I offer so I can help as many people as I can.
Some of you may not know exactly what I do, so it might be helpful to let you know a little more about Sales Marvel:
What is Sales Marvel?
The person behind Sales Marvel is me, Keith Rozelle, and I’m a sales coach.
I know, it’s not always easy to discern what someone does just from their job title, is it?
And that’s one of the reasons why I do what I do – help you ‘sell’ what you do!
For a little taster, why not download my free guide on how to deliver a fantastic elevator pitch:
Download 7 Tips to Create a Perfect 60-second Pitch
Okay, so I better practice what I preach then.
Well, I help people to understand what sales is all about, realising how crucial it is if you want to win more business and achieve the results you’re looking for.
Just think of it as developing great relationships with people. Why? So you can then provide them with something of value that’s going to help them succeed in some way that’s really important to them.
And to support my clients, I deliver a range of services to help them get more comfortable with sales:
What Support Does Sales Marvel Provide?
Online Sales Masterclasses
• Strategic selling modules, including value-proposition, how to deliver presentations and how to develop your negotiation skills
• Modules suitable for everyone - from early-career entrants to experienced sales professionals
• Bespoke courses for sales teams and open courses for individuals
LinkedIn Online Training
• Super-charge your LinkedIn profile, so you get more views, more leads, more business
• Helping you to stand out from the crowd
• Ideal for SME business owners, sales teams, business students and jobseekers too
1-2-1 and 1-2-many Sales Coaching
• Coaching bespoke to you, your operating context and what you need to succeed
• Coaching delivered in-person or online via Teams/Zoom
• my current “live” client list ranges from seasoned sales professionals, Solopreneur Business Consultancy, SME business owners and 2 new entrants to sales
Sales Marvel Blog
• Sharing knowledge and insights on a variety of sales-related topics
• Easy to read and thought-provoking articles
• Published regularly and shared via social media/email
Online Sales Training Courses – Coming Soon!
• I’m excited to announce that I will soon be launching my own online sales training courses via Thinkific!
• Allowing you to learn and improve your sales skills in a flexible way and convenient to you
• Ideal for fitting around your other commitments, accessing the learning when it works for you
A very special thank you to my LinkedIn Community
I just couldn’t allow reaching a milestone of 10,000 followers on LinkedIn, without saying a very big thank you to my community.
It really is a fantastic place to gain professional support, meet and collaborate with others, and make those important sales through powerful networking opportunities.
If you’d like to learn more about how to get the most out of your LinkedIn profile, you can learn lots of useful hints and tips by attending my FREE online LinkedIn Brilliant Basics Session.
I deliver it monthly and the next session is happening on the 11th of April.
More info on LinkedIn: Brilliant Basics here
It'd be great to see you there!